Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How to Start Generating a Blog Income Working Part-Time

By Andrew Rondeau
I first started my Internet business while working full-time for a large corporate company. I wanted a "safety net" in case the company started to downsize and make people redundant. By starting my business part-time, I knew I was building something that I could rely on, if that were to happen.

I worked long hours as I was in a senior position in the company. But that didn't stop me putting in many hours each week to make my Internet business take off.

I would listen to or read about Internet strategies while travelling to and from work.

I would work in the evenings.

I would work at weekends.

My wife gave me 100% support.

I started to look at Affiliate Marketing and blogging. Everyone was blogging!

Affiliate Marketing is where you don't even have to have your own product. You make a percentage of the sale price by selling someone else's product or service. The percentage ranges from 5% to 100%. However I recommend only going for products that give you over 50% commission.

You might be thinking that you have to sell a lot of other peoples products to make it worth your while. This might be true. It was for me. I was working all the hours I possibly could and still making no income - well hardly anything to write about. I dare not work out what my hourly rate was. I bet it was less than $1.

Would you work for less than a $1 an hour?

But I was determined and I thought like any new venture, sometimes things start slowly and then pick up speed when you have a little experience and confidence with what you're doing.

It was a slow progress but remember I was only doing this part-time, in the evenings and weekends.

Then I reminded myself I had the comfort of a full-time job and I was learning about Affiliate Marketing and blogging, making a little income (on the side) and actually enjoying it.

You could do exactly the same.

Just find a few hours each week and get started. You could start earning a little extra while learning a new skill. It could be the start of your 'get out of the 9-5' plan.

And, think, no travelling. You can do this within the comfort of your own home.

I am not saying you will become super-rich. I am not saying it's easy.

Unlike some of those adverts you see.

For example, "Follow my steps, earn $100k a month for 2 hours work a day all for just $97".

If someone could guarantee and show me how to do that, I would gladly give them a $500k bonus. We all would wouldn't we?

So as I say, you are not going to become super-rich, overnight, via Affiliate Marketing or blogging but you could earn a little extra to pay a bill or two.

How do you start? Set yourself some goals. How many hours could you work each week? How much extra, realistically, would you like to earn?

Set up one website, one blog and market one affiliate product per month.

Add valid and interesting content to your blog, promote your blog, get your blog ranked well in the search engines and that one blog / product may make you affiliate marketing commissions that might just surprise you.

Then the following month set up another blog and start another Affiliate Marketing campaign.

You can either add another similar affiliated product to your blog or start a totally new affiliate campaign in a different niche with a new blog and new product.

Just imagine, within six months, you could be promoting and selling 6 different products, on 6 different blogs and all providing you with a nice blog income.

Now, let me be honest and straight...your first or second product may not sell very well, but you have to keep on going.

Don't be like many other individuals and give up.

It's not uncommon for hard working Internet Marketers to start out with one blog and expand to several more very quickly, with some people actually owning dozens of blogs, each focused on a specific niche and type of product. This approach can earn you a nice big blog income.

And, of course, the more you earn, the more you can invest back into growing your Affiliate Marketing commissions to make an even bigger blog income. That may generate more visitors to your sites, more commissions and it can become a nice extra income.

So where do you go to find products to promote and sell?

I started off at ClickBank.

You sign-up, you choose your product to promote, you write a review of the product and add the link to your site. ClickBank does the rest. Two weeks later you get a check with your sales commissions. ClickBank do take a small commission but it's worth it. Everything is automatic and completed for you.

Another great thing with ClickBank is that you can track statistics like how many people purchased, who has purchased and your commissions.

That way you can see if a product is selling or not. If not, simply move on and start a new campaign with a different product and blog.

You may not become rich via your new blog income but if you simply want a little extra cash each month, try working from home with Affiliate Marketing and blogging.

This is how I started my own Internet Marketing business. Learn more about creating a blog income and start making easy online money
http://fwdmagazine.com/easyonlinemoney/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andrew_Rondeau