Saturday, April 23, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER APRIL 2011 ISSUE #03






















It's about 10 minutes to 9, I'm on my way to an, "BK INVASION!" A, BK invasion from non other than, Rah Digga, Young Zee and Tha Outsidaz .... "NEW JERUSALEM COME TO INVADE BAGHDAD!", on the honorable GOOD FRIDAY.

I just can't wait, I've been looking forward to it all month. Although, it may not reach the level in standards in last week's Brooklyn Bodegas "THIS IS HIP HOP!" concert series. Just the same for any hip hop spectacular that seeks an review from Rusty Jabbz must be doing something good, if I'm there.

Other than, Rah Digga and Tha Outsidaz performing tonight at Public Assembly. You, also have an special event put on by Redbull , "RED BULL THRE3STYLE SEMI-FINAL DJ BATTLE" taking place at The Music Hall of Williamsburg. Along with special guest djs:, Total Eclipse and Rob Swift of The X-ecutioners. Also at Knitting Factory, theres an "ZION I & GROUCH are HEROES in the HEALING of the NATION" I'm not sure what thats all about, whatever it is we know its HIP HOP! Sounds like Willie-Burg is gonna be off the chain tonight. Then again, when isn't Willie-Burg off the chain especially when it involves hip hop.

Arrived on the scene, around 9:45pm. Bump into a longtime homie from Stinger club. (Pauly Ethnic)
The place not looking right yet, after all its early. Bump into my homie, Zeps to thank him for the invite. I proceeded to parlay in the meantime. During that time, all the way from Norway. A femme fatale dj team that go by the name, "Oh Mamma". They were rocking the opening set. Just gettin' things amped. The girls dj talent wasn't anything special. They were four white girls in bright color attire kind of remind me of my lil' sis, Amor. However, I do admire their love for real hip hop. Its not too many people that are willing to travel across the world for hip hop. You must love this culture to be really willing to do something like that.

Somewhere around, 10:30pm the show was setting up to take place. We got the Write Bros., Zeps and Stark The Dutch, the hosts and entertainers of the evening along with Dj Round 3 doing their thang on stage. The line up they have in store for tonight is a sick line up. Some artists I'm not too familiar with but some I' am. The line up for tonight: Jise One of The Arsonists & Durte, G.E.D., Kon, Zeps, Johnny 3 Rounds, Final Outlaw & Dj Puerto Rock.
This is what you would call the undercards if we were talking in an boxing dialog. All six hip hop acts did an amazing job. My personal favorite acts and performers of the night were from G.E.D. and later on by, Final Outlaw. I like them, 2 cuts Final Outlaw performed "Hip Hop Forever" and "Unsigned From Uptown". I can relate to a song like, "Unsigned From Uptown" because with me being a writer. I share the same pain your going through. Sometimes I feel, "Unpublished From Bucktown".

I know in the early portion of this review I may have over emphasize the greatness of this event. I'm not saying this event wasn't great its just earlier I did mention a strong New Jerusalem presence. Well it wasn't necessarily correct. Don't get me wrong, Jersey was in the building. Give your applauses to Johnny 3 Rounds, straight outta New Jersey. However I was looking for a more stronger Jersey presence coming from the undercards.

Speaking of undercards I just had to bring this up. This was something I seen with my own two eyes and I thought it was CLASSIC! See there was a point and time where all the performers got to hang out in a little, small, tiny and cramped dressing room. Well, at least they did until the main event arrived. I seen them clearing everyone out of the room to make accommodations for Rah Digga, Young Zee and Tha Outsidaz. I thought this was pretty funny because before they arrived everyone was back there partying and bullshittin' even I was. Oh yeah Zeps, sorry I didn't get a chance to record your performance I was backstage gettin' twisted. Thank you for the invite though.

Anyway, the moment have come. What I been waitin' for all night. What got me to travel all the way to these parts of Brooklyn have finally arrived. "THE MAIN EVENT IS HERE!" Rah Digga, Young Zee, The Outsidaz.

SUMMARY: Things aren't ever how they seem I may push things to the limit during our early prequal. Nonetheless I still had an excellent time and ended up getting what I've wanted and that was "NEW JERUSALEM" performance from both, Rah Digga and Young Zee. Despite the minor mishaps with 5X man and drunken white gurl, they're negligence could not bring me down. I still had a blast. No need to worry about who they were.

I would like to thank, Zeps and Stark for the invite it was indeed a blessing to be invited and attend. I'm always open to receive invites it'll be my pleasure.
I'm not quite finish, I still have the video editing of the show and album review of this exclusive album I received, The Write Bros. Wrekroom Muzik and Stranger Pro present: The Write Bros.
I will do an album review and release it to the public. This will come exclusively from, Rusty Jabbz and Rusty Jabbz only. Aint no other hip hop publication view hip hop like me.

This has been a great night and a great issue to process about the Turntable Izm Show. For more on the Turntable Izm Show, you can visit the following sites... turntableizmshow.com, twitter.com/turntableizm, turntableizmshow@gmail.com, izmshowguest@gmail.com, ubmassive.blogspot.com.

For Rusty Jabbz Ent Grp
CEO: Dj Handspin Dinero
Office# 3477894543
Cellular # 6463394981
Email: djhandspindinero@gmail.com
Network: myspace.com/djhandspindinero, twitter.com/djhandspin and/or facebook.com/handspindinero
Vlog: youtube.com/worldwidejabbz